Tuesday 1 October 2013

Pre-school; A step into the outside world.


Welcome to the Holistic Pre-schoolers blog!

Current education scenario has changed so much today, that parents are very worried about their children's educational future. Many young parents come to me for advice and share their anxiety and concerns. They are confused and put forth so many questions, for example, 1. At what age to put the child in play school or in a Toddler class?, 2. How to select a formal school for their child?, 3. How to prepare the child for an "Interview"? etc. They come for my guidance, since I have many years of experience with pre-school children. I have always loved this age group (two to six years). They are so loving and affectionate. I have worked with Primary children as well. However, it felt preschoolers are more disciplined and co-operative. 

I have had an advantage of working with schools that have had different Education Boards. I began my career with Maneckji Cooper Education Trust (ICSE) School, working for two years in the Primary section. Later, I joined Utpal Sanghvi School (SSC), as a coordinator for the pre-primary section, for eight years. For the next thirteen years I worked as the Headmistress for the pre-primary section of Anandilal Poddar (SSC) School. On its inception, I took the responsibility of the pre-primary section of Ramniranjan Poddar (CBSE) School. Given the numerous Educational Boards coming into the picture, parents are now also confused about which Board is better for the child. 

In my next post, I would like to share the right age for the child to be enrolled in the play school and a formal school. 


No comments:

Post a Comment